Biotrue® Eye Drops Multi Dose
Biotrue® eye drops formulation possesses a high tolerability as it is free of preservatives. It is presented in the innovative preservative free multi-dose system (PFMD), which is easy and safe to use. Once the bottle is opened, it can be used for up to 6 months.
This product is suitable for the wetting and rewetting of both soft and rigid contact lenses during wearing, and noticeably improves the comfort of the contact lenses. It can be also used post- LASIK surgery.
What is Biotrue® eye drops?
Biotrue® eye drops is a preservative free clear eye drop solution that contains 2.4mg/ml (0.24%) of the clinically proven natural moisturizer hyaluronic acid (as sodium hyaluronate), found in the structures of a healthy human eye and the natural tear film. Biotrue® eye drops provide instant soothing and natural hydration. The product refreshes and calms dry eyes, relieving symptoms of
- and teary eyes.
1. Before each use, wash your hands and remove the protective cap from the tip of the bottle with a rotating movement.
Avoid contact of the tip of the bottle with your fingers or any other surfaces to prevent any possible contamination of the solution.
2. Attention! Before first use and if the bottle has not been used for a while:
Point the bottle with the tip downwards and press the pump mechanism repeatedly until a drop is released. Now the bottle is ready to use.
3. Hold the bottle as indicated:
Place your thumb on the ergonomic thumb support, grip the lower part of the bottle with your fingers and place two fingers on the bottom of the bottle.
- 2.4 mg/ml (0.24%) sodium hyaluronate
- Sodium chloride
- Potassium chloride
- Disodium phosphate dodecahydrate
- Sodium dihydrogen phosphate-dihydrate
- Water for injection
How Often and for how long should you use Biotrue® eye drops?
How to store Biotrue® eye drops?
When should you not use Biotrue® eye drops?
Instill 1 or 2 drops of Biotrue® eye drops in the eye as needed. Its preservative free formulation makes the product suitable to use every day and as often as needed throughout the day. Biotrue® eye drops can be used for as long as needed. If you are using this product for post-operative (e.g. LASIK) dryness and discomfort, follow your eye doctor’s instructions.
Store between +1°C and +25°C.
Do not use this product if you are hypersensitive to any of its ingredients.
Important information about using Biotrue® eye drops:
- Biotrue® eye drops should not be used if you are hypersensitive to any of its ingredients.
- Local hypersensitivity reactions have been very rarely reported. Treatment should be discontinued in such cases. If you experience persistent discomfort or irritation, stop using the product and consult your doctor.
- Safety information for patients with severe damage of the cornea: In very rare cases, deposits of calcium phosphate on the cornea have been reported during treatment with phosphate-containing products for ophthalmic use.
- Do not touch the eye surface with the tip of the bottle to prevent any possible injury of the eye surface and/or contamination of the solution.
- Once opened, do not share the bottle with anyone else.
- Careless use of the product contrary to the instructions for use could result in slipping of the product from hand and may cause eye injury.
- Shake off any possible residual drops after application.
- Wait approximately 15 minutes before using another eye product.
- Biotrue® eye drops can be used for up to 6 months after the bottle is opened and the bottle should be discarded after that time. To help you remember, the label on the bottle has a space where you can note when the bottle was first opened.
- Do not use beyond expiry date.
- Do not use if product packaging and/or bottle are damaged.
- Biotrue® eye drops is filled in a bottle with small plastic parts that could be swallowed by small children. Danger of suffocation. Therefore, Biotrue® eye drops should be kept out of reach of children.